Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Time for Scor-Pal to meet Bo Bunny! - A Family Explosion box and Mini Album

This week Scor-Pal are teaming up with Bo Bunny to showcase a wonderful selection of projects using the gorgeous new paper and embellishment collections.
You know how much I love my Scor-Pal and use it almost every time I craft.
Well I also have a new love and that is the Welcome Home Collection from Bo Bunny.
It is one of my favorite color palettes, green and aqua, and the soft subtle patterns and the homespun feel make it a sure fire winner for me.
I decided to make my version of an Explosion Box but started with a 12" by 12" sheet of cardstock scoring at 4" and 8" and then rotating a 1/4 turn and scoring again at 4" and 8".
I then removed the 4 outer squares for the base. The lid was a piece of cardstock 6 1/8" square and all 4 sides scored at 1".
Be sure to check out the Scor-Pal blog and Bo Bunny blog for creations every day this week.


Project Recipe:
Papers and all Embellishments - Welcome Home Collection by Bo Bunny
Border Punch - Martha Stewart


The lid has a rosette made using 12" by 1 1/2" strips of patterned paper. The strips were punched with the heart border punch and scored between each heart. I love the different look each different border punch gives to this simple rosette.


Each side is adorned with a different chipboard sentiment.




Here is the inside view. I made a mini album to match the box and it fits great in the box.



The album pages are all 4" square and held together with a mini binder ring.



The paper lent itself very well to a mini album with different accents on the paper working great in the mini size.


Here are the different pages, ready for your family photos and memories.







The back page has the perfect sentiment, don't you think.
I love how this turned out and I can't wait to add photos to it.

I hope you have enjoyed this and be sure to check out all the other wonderful projects from both the Scor-Pal and Bo Bunny design teams :)

I'm entering it in the following challenges:
My Grafico - Come Out Of The Box (I think they want you to make a box, a little unclear wording)
Bearly Mine - Anything But A Card (2 entries only)
Digi Doodles Shop - Anything Goes
Come and Get It - Anything Goes
Hiding In My Craftroom - Anything Goes
Katie

10 comments:

kendell said...

Thanks for sharing this project it is appreciated. Kindest regards

Elizabeth said...

That is SO pretty! I haven't made one of those in a long time..thanks for the inspiration!

Kat said...

That is so cool! I keep telling myself I'll give it a try one of these days but I'm not sure I have the patience! You did a beautiful job. TFS! (ps it would be a lot easier to comment if you had it open to visitors with a name/url rather than having to have a google account. )

wb_melody said...

It's very lovely! TFS!

Rozette said...

Beautiful paper and great project. I am going to have to try this.

KraftyKoolKat said...

What an awesome project. I adore those papers. Thank you for joining us at DDSC this week and good luck.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Katie this in absolutely amazing, what wonderful creativity, you have put so much work into this an wow it has been worth it, this is an outstanding project, thank you for sharing it with us at Digi Doodles shop Challenge this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Stampalicious said...

this is gorgeous! I love the colours you chose for your project, thank you for joining our challenge at Digi doodle Shop's challenges, hugs, martina

gina g said...

Wow Katie this is amazing hun i just love everything about it. Thanks so much for joining us at Bearly Mine for our challenge this time. luv gina xx

Natascha said...

What a lovely project. Love your design and all the little detail work. Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine "Anything but a card" Challenge. Good luck!

Hugs, Natascha