Friday, April 19, 2013

Hope, Love and Joy - Flower Pot Chick - From The Heart

Well I don't know about you but I am glad to see the end of this week. From the bombings at the Boston Marathon to the explosion in the town of West here in Texas it has been a hard week for everyone. My thoughts and prayers are with all those touched by these tragedies and hopefully we can look forward to more peaceful times.
I hope my bright Springy card can bring a smile at this time.

Challenges:
Through the Craftroom Door - Always Anything Goes (2 entries only)
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes (3 entries only)
Stamp-N-Doodle - Anything Goes
Art Impressions - Layer It Up (2 entries only)
Glitter N Sparkle - Stiching, Real or Faux
Sandy's Crafty Creations - Stitching (Real or Faux)
Craft Your Passion - Adorable Animals
Cupcake Crafts - Cute and Cuddly
Incy Wincy - Fur or Feathers
Tammy's Scrapin Corner - Spring has Sprung
Ladybug Crafts - Spring (3 entries only)
Bearly Mine - Spring Flowers (2 entries only)
Digital Tuesday - Springtime
Shelly's Thrilling Thursday - April Showers Bring May Flowers (3 entries)
Crafts 4 Eternity - April Showers Bring May Flowers
Broken Box Stock - Flowers


Card Recipe:
Image - Flower Pot Chick
Medium - Copic Markers
Sentiment - Elegant Easter Sentiments
Paper - Hideaway by First Edition
Ribbon - Michaels
Spotted Brads - The Paper Studio
Flower - Prima
Spotted Button - The Paper Studio






There are a lot of little parts to this image so I decided just to pop up the 3 large flowers for a little dimension. This little chick certainly makes me smile and I hope he brings a little sunshine into your life today.
Katie

9 comments:

Evie said...

A gorgeous and beautiful card. Love the image,coloring, paper colors and lovely design. Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity. Hope to see you again next week.

DT. member.
Evie

Imke said...

Wonderful spring card, Katie !

Sandy Trefger said...

Your bright and cheerful card is perfect for this week! I love bird in the flower pot image, your bright colors and stitching around the image. All go so well with the design/layout of your card. It has been a hard week for me both personal and with the events you mentioned. I live in Texas too and the explosion in West, Tex happened as we were leaving the visitation for my niece who died unexpectedly on Monday. It has been a heart wrenching and mind numbing week. Thanks for you bright and beautiful card and Thanks for sharing for my challenge at Sandy's Crafty Creations!
~sandy
visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

crafty-stamper said...

love your bright colourful card and image -love the decoupeged flowers-thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner
Carol DT x

Nela said...

Gorgeous creation in beautiful colours!
Thanks for playing with us Bearly Mine Challenge!
Nela xx

Unknown said...

Wow, I just simply Adore your Design.
This week I am so seeing projects not like a card.
I love your creativity.

Thanks for visiting and entering this week's challenge.

we hope to see you back next week.
Hugs Tammy Ortiz - Owner of Tammy Scrappin Corner

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! Love the image n colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamp n Doodle this week.
Hugs, Jill

Maya Ariffin said...

I love your bright card! It's very cheerful, love the cute image too! Thanks for joining us at Digital Tuesday Challenge.

Maya xx

Unknown said...

Soooo pretty, and just perfect for our "May Flowers" challenge. I love the layout on this fun project. The ribbon on the bottom square is a fantastic addition. Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Shelly's Images Blog.
-Shelly
Shelly's Images.com