Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Paper Nest Dolls Guest Designer Spot - King Owen

It's time for another card for my guest spot over at The Paper Nest Dolls
Today I got to play with the adorable King Owen and I decided he would be perfect for a cute birthday card.

Challenges:
Dream Valley - Happy Birthday
Addicted to Stamps - Birthday
The Paper Nest Dolls - Happy Happy Birthday
Come and Get It - Kids Birthday
Corrosive - Life's Special Moments
The Crafting Cafe - Let's Celebrate! (1 entry only)
Gingerloft - For the Guys
Card Mania - Punches/Dies (3 entries only)
One Stitch at a Time - Bright Colors
The Craft Garden - Rainbows (I think I have most of the colors here :))


Card Recipe:
Image - King Owen
Medium - Copic Markers
Paper and Sentiment - Hootenanny by My Minds Eye
Embossing Folder - Tiny Stars by The Paper Studio
Die Cut - Sizzix
Rhinestones - Michaels
Balloon Punch - Marvy
Ribbon - Hobby Lobby
Flower - Sassafras






I colored and cut out Owen and layered the head section for more dimension.
He sure does look regal with his rhinestone encrusted crown doesn't he?
I have enjoyed my little visit at The Paper Nest Dolls and I hope you have too.
Katie

18 comments:

perfectly4med said...

Love the layering, and the embellies - really does make him King :)

Thanks for joining us at The Crafting Cafe Challenge and good luck!

Neil

Paper Nest Dolls said...

LOVEEE!!! he is soooooo cute !! thanks kate

Crafting Vicky said...

ohhhh wow so pretty. I really love the wonderful layers you have used.

Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

Ashley said...

Your card is absolutely amazing!! Love those fun colors and all the embellishments. Your coloring is great, too! :)

Ashley
http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

NicoleDesigns said...

I love everything about this card, the colours, the layers, the textures..... thank you so much for sharing with us at The Paper Nest Dolls challenge.... xo

Claire Dale said...

Love the colours - very bright! Thank you for joining us at The Crafting Cafe this month!
Claire xx
CC DT

Jasmine said...

Oh my goodness, how CUTE! I ADORE that owl paper. Love all the fun colors, and your wonderful coloring. So neat how you made the polka dot paper look like a present. Thanks so much for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!

Dawn said...

Fantastic Katie! Thanks for sharing at The Crafting Cafe in our Let's celebrate challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Miss Emerald said...

Gorgeous card! Very pretty details. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

Unknown said...

Wow! This is so precious! A sweet work of art. Thank you for joining our Happy, Happy Birthday Challenge at The Paper Nest Dolls.
Jasmina

Chriss America Real said...

I wish you could see me, I am just having a fit over this card! I love the way you "fussy cut" your little king out. When you say you layered the head section, does that mean you cut it more than once? That is a good idea. I love all the attention to detail, the embossing, the bright colors and I especially love the owl paper, I am going to have to get some of that! Thanks for playing along with the One stitch At A Time Design Team! Hope to see you next week!

Hugs,

Chriss - DT

Karen C said...

This is so fun! Love it!!! Thanks for sharing with us at OSAAT for our Bright challenge. Hope to see you again next week!
Hugs,
Karen C

PAC CHARITY CARDS said...

Great card Katie and fab colouring

Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft.

Caz

Unknown said...

A really cute fun card that has been well thought out :-)
Thanks for joining us over at ATSC
hugs
Tasha
Xxxx

Claire said...

A really lovely and colourful card! He looks great with all that layering. Thanks for playing along at The Crafting Cafe this month! Claire x

Unknown said...

OMG! I love everything about this card it is amazing! Thankyou for joining us at The Paper Nest Challenge Blog Loriann DT

Kerry said...

He is adorable. Thanks for playing along with The Craft Garden this month

Unknown said...

I agree with you guys! This is a total adorable card! I am so in love with it! Nice colors and layout!

Cheers to your crafting!
Hazel
This is indeed a cutie card! I am so in love with the colors and layout you used. Lovely creation! Thumbs up to you.

Cheers
Hazel of Birthday Wishes for Kids